Get Nifty Forums Forum Index
$25.00 US
suggested retail
Get Nifty Forums
getnifty.com

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Interfereing When Someone's Challenging Themself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Get Nifty Forums Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Interfereing When Someone's Challenging Themself Reply with quote

Hello, I just got Get Nifty, and me and my friends were wondering:

Can you interfere when someone is attacking themself by adding on to the attack or defense?
Kenosti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can interfere with any attack, be it someone attack themselves, or someone else.

Why should the rules be different for someone attacking another player and someone attacking themselves?

Anestis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Torg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the rules state you can only interfere if invited to do so by the player losing a challenge. I think the original question was asking if other players can interfere without being invited first. The only way that they would be able to do this is changing the plot (which can be done during any challenge). I would also assume it is perfectly valid to ask people to interfere after making a challenge upon yourself.
pclips
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torg wrote:
Actually, the rules state you can only interfere if invited to do so by the player losing a challenge. I think the original question was asking if other players can interfere without being invited first. The only way that they would be able to do this is changing the plot (which can be done during any challenge). I would also assume it is perfectly valid to ask people to interfere after making a challenge upon yourself.

This is correct. You can ask for interference in a self challenge if, say, you might be in danger of fluxing yourself. I can think of some other, dirty reasons to do it, like collusion or tricking someone into joining a self challenge you intentionally lose. But you must be invited to interfere in any challenge (except for changing the Plot).