Get Nifty Forums Forum Index
$25.00 US
suggested retail
Get Nifty Forums
getnifty.com

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Number of attacks per round?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Get Nifty Forums Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagnaCorpus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Number of attacks per round? Reply with quote

It's unclear in the rules as to whether or not multiple attacks can occur per round. There are three specific scenarios that I have in mind:

• I want to make multiple separate attacks of varying types against multiple players (one attack per player of a given type - boredom or danger)
  • I want to attack a single player multiple times with different attacks - boredom and then danger
  • I want to attack a single player multiple times with the same attack - repeated danger attacks

If all of these are valid, then there are some somewhat unfair implications such as it would be fully allowed to "wear down" a player by repeatedly attacking them until they can no longer defend and are forced to deactivate and/or become fluxed on one or more of their states. This is especially a problem with Kiki and Ferret Wings because after every attack she returns to the attacking player's hand and while not particularly dangerous, she does have the ability to cancel any one of the defender's cards (unless I read it wrong).

Clarification of the attack rules would be helpful.

Thanks!
pclips
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and you alone determine when your turn is over. You can launch as many attacks or make any legal plays you want while it's your turn and you still have cards.

The whole table ganging up on a player and wearing them down is part of the strategy. It keeps people from running away with the game.

It also gives you something to do when you have cards that don't immediately help your cause. You can always knock other people back.

Kiki with ferret wings is one of the more powerful plays, much like the Playstayshun2 rendering you immune to Boredom attacks and Oasis coming back until she wins a fight. It's meant to work that way.