Get Nifty Forums Forum Index
$25.00 US
suggested retail
Get Nifty Forums
getnifty.com

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Is there a maximum hand limit to discard down to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Get Nifty Forums Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenosti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Is there a maximum hand limit to discard down to? Reply with quote

I just got the game today, and have a question about the rules.

In the turn sequence (assuming there are no modifiers), it says to draw to 5 cards in your hand, play as many legal cards as you like, then to finish your turn, draw to 5 cards in your hand.

There is nothing about discarding if you have more than 5 cards in your hand at the end of the turn.

Example:

I have 5 cards in my hand. Let's say the Plot is "Let me check my notes". If I play Riff, I draw 3 extra cards. So that makes currently 7 cards in my hand. I play 1 other card (let's say Sword), so that now makes 6 cards in hand.

I finish my turn.

Do I keep all six cards, or must I discard down to 5?

From the reading of the rules, there is nothing about a maximum number of cards you can have in your hand, only a minimum of 5. However, modifiers to the rules on certain card allow you to draw to 7 cards in your hand, so this implies indirectly that there is a maximum hand limit at the end of your turn (5 cards with basic rules, 7 with certain card modifiers).

Or am I just reading to much into things?

Kenosti.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MagnaCorpus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: I know you want an official answer but... Reply with quote

I've just be playing that you can have as many cards in your hand as you have at the end/start of your turn. If you have more than you're supposed to draw then you simply don't draw. Same at the end of your turn, if you have more than you need to draw (say 6 instead of 5 for the "Let me check my notes" plot) then you just announce the end of your turn.
pclips
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this is correct. There is no max number of cards you can have in your hand. You're never forced to discard.