Get Nifty Forums Forum Index
$25.00 US
suggested retail
Get Nifty Forums
getnifty.com

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Who are you? Tell us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Get Nifty Forums Forum Index -> Misc and Sundry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Who are you? Tell us. Reply with quote

Fourth post, maybe, but second topic!

Anywho, a good starting topic for any new forum is a nice friendly "tell us about yourself" thread.

And I'd be a hypocrite if I weren't the first to do so.

I'm Ben. That's my name. I used to go by the alias of Lothorus, but I guess I grew out of that name, so I go by my very own monicker nowadays. I live in the southwest U.S. (don't judge me quite yet!) and work in a liquor store. I've been reading PC and SF for a while, though I never bothered to join any forums. Yadda yadda yadda, I'm a nerd and I enjoy various games associated with nerds, why else would I be here, so on and so on.
Workaphobia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Workaphobia. I got into Sluggy in August 2002 and was absolutely obsessed for months afterwards. Recently I've been less on top of the current comic, but sooner or later I'll get around to re-reading the archives another time.

I also ritually read Pclips, User Friendly, Eight-Bit Theater, and Mitch In Wonderland. I also throw Dominic Deegan into my reading schedule, even though it jumped the shark and plummeted to a watery death a loonng time ago.

And I know I can't be the only one who wants to see a poster in which Lord Grater confronts Zorgon Gola with the UF line: "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BLAMM!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we seem to be the only three posting anything, I may as well round out this thread. The name is BLAMM!, but I also go by Poltergeist in the SluggyMARE. I've been a Sluggite for 5 years, and a PClipper for about 3. I've met both Pete and Rob in person and lived to tell about it.

Workaphobia wrote:
And I know I can't be the only one who wants to see a poster in which Lord Grater confronts Zorgon Gola with the UF line: "I find your lack of pants disturbing."

Yes, yes you are.
maddcheshirekat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Me, then Reply with quote

I am a (wannabe) film maker and a virgin to this game. I really just found the website off of my sisters refrigerator magnet but I am very interested. Basically, Im your average suburban teen.
Ben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nifty, if you'll pardon the reference.

The game itsself isn't quite here yet. It's forthcoming, we are told. So far, I have no idea how it will be played myself, but I am eager for the eventual release to come.
SoaringDragon42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm SoaringDragon, or SD for short. Wink I've played the game! *dances* Just never won. *sulk*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Fool76

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm me of course.
Wink

I've played the game a few times and actually colored the art on a fair number of the cards.
(yay me)

Oh and I also helped set up this website.
(Yay me again)

I'm also rather attached to the SoaringDragon
(the foolie in her avatar is me, oh and Super Poinging Yay me)

I think thats all you really need to know about me. If you want more there is the tried and true internet tradition of stalking.
Wink
Ben

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could at least give us something to start with, The Fool. I mean, uh... welcome to the forums! I'm almost certain I'm the only one left from the original few people who somehow found this forum. I think I followed a link from Partially Clips sometime. Anywho, let's see where this site goes.
MagnaCorpus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm MagnaCorpus and I'm also on the defenders of the nifty forums at Sluggy.com - though not much of a frequent poster. You can see my profile for pertinent information about various personal stuff. I have played the game several times and only one once. Sad

I'm hoping this forum will grow quickly and the little "bugs" in the game will be ironed out by the creators themselves (or by community agreement). It's a fun game, but the rules leave something to be desired on occassion.

Nice to meet all of you. Smile