suggested retail
Get Nifty Forums
getnifty.com

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Looking Forward To (Blank)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Looking Forward To (Blank) Reply with quote

Quite the precedent. I have started 66.66666666666% of the threads here so far.

Counting this one.

And so, in the spirit of organization, this thread shall be a blanket thread as well. Sure, specific games can be talked about a lot and are deserving of their own thread, but some forthcoming games can only be blathered about by their respective fan-people untill they start repeating themselves, so here is the "I'm looking forward to (X) game" thread.

State a game, post a link or two, give a few hopes and fears concerning it's content, maybe... it's pretty self explanatory.

And without further ado!

I am looking forward to the second initiation of Neverwinter Nights, which is said to be much more true to the core rules of DnD (the game it based it's rules on), which makes me happy. Says it's gonna have a lot more options concerning feats and classes, too, which also makes me happy. I dunno if you've played online with the original Neverwinter Nights, but you can only play so long before you meet fifteen of one character build type. The problem is this: there are usually difinitive "best" builds with the limited resources at hand in NwN. Hopefully, in NwN2, the options will be a lot more broad, giving each class or build a chance to shine in some way, without letting a certain build just make every other style irrelevant because it can do everthing better.

You guys looking forward to it as well? Or maybe you got your own game to rave about like I did? Fire away, friends.
SoaringDragon42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg, Oblivion! And they pushed it back to next year! *cries*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Fool76

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Duke Nukem Forever of course.

I'm hoping that the game engine isn't too far behind everything else when they do finally finish working on it. I'm also expecting to not really care as its the attitude more than the graphics that make the Duke Nukem games what they are.

Maybe if we get really lucky they will get around to finishing it next year. Maybe, hahahaha....
Ben

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They pushed back Oblivion? Dangit! Well, I guess that gives me more time to save up for that computer upgrade I'll probably need. Heck, Morrowind was running pretty slow on my machine when it first came out, and that was a while back... ugh.
SoaringDragon42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did. And since OB is supposed to run best on dual core processors...yeah, time for an upgrade for just about everyone...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger